PAWPARAZZI PET SITTING was founded by Cheryl Wood, a friendly and responsible animal lover, photographer and graphic designer. I’ll ensure your peace of mind when you leave your beloved home and pets to enjoy your trip. I embrace travel, local exploration, outdoor adventure, hiking and kayaking.
While working remotely, I love keeping the good company of pets, with lots of attention breaks for furry friends. I’ll usually be with your little ones most of the time during my stay.
A non-smoker, I’m very clean and tidy, don’t party or do drugs, and will leave your lovely, cherished home in tip top fashion, cared for and maintained respectfully and by your request.
I enjoy the company of pets, and miss having my own to spend time with. Be assured, yours will be treated as my most newly adopted family. I’m thrilled that it indulges my love of animals, travel and adventure.
Local sitting experiences sparked an interest, and my petsitting evolved organically by referrals. It’s a pleasure to now travel to sit in many locations, both in-state and across the country.
I started house and pet sitting in 2007, and expanded to full time in 2014. As an experienced homeowner and doggie Mom of 13 years, I know how important it is to find and trust someone that will care for your beloved home and furry kids as you would.
As an avid photographer, I check in with photos and updates about our adventures, so you know your pets are in good hands. Sometimes I feel like the Pawparazzi, following little ones around for the perfect shot!
I’ve owned dogs (2 Chihuahuas) from childhood, who have always been a part of the family. My last two fur kids, as an adult, were a Sheltie mix and a Border Collie/Queensland Heeler.
A problem solver, I’ve handled unexpected issues in keeping the best interests of pets and owners in mind, with communication and immediate, thorough attention.
I’ve cared for dogs, cats, parakeets, parrots, bunnies, lizards and even insects, and am open to other creatures as needed. I’ve provided garden care and looked after swimming pools.
I’ve worked with a friend, and my own doggie sitter of many years, at her boarding and day care facility a few days a week. I cared for, fed and administered medications for multiple small and large breeds, supervising group play time and making sure they were happy and comfortable.
ABOUT YOUR DOG I love all breeds. It’s very helpful to know:
- The age, energy level and exercise requirements
- Temperment: do they get along with other dogs and people, especially kids
- Any quirky behavior or concerns, including human food stealing or chewing and destruction of belongings
- Any special care or medications
- Please list all your animals on your profile in my convenient booking app so that I can care for them most effectively. This includes cats & other animals, which are an extra care fee.
- Behavior training continuity & tips
- Natural & holistic nutrition consultation
- Daily exercise at home or out & about
- Oral medication administration
- Medication injections
- Senior dog experience
- Special needs dog experience
- First aid/CPR
TIME WITH YOUR DOG
I work remotely, booking stays and taking care of other pet business duties, so am present to keep your pet(s) company most of the time. Plus whatever your dog requires for outside breaks, play time, hugs, snuggles, treats and exercise. If your dog normally enjoys trail hikes, dog parks, rivers or beaches, that’s where we’ll go.
- Whatever is required in the normal daily care of your home, such as mail collection, plant care and light pool maintenance.
- Two night minimum.
- Willing to travel for extended stays. I’ve cared for pets in Northern and Southern California, Nevada, Florida, New Mexico and Washington state.
- I do my best to schedule Meet & Greets for when I’m in your area. If you’re more than 20 minutes from my location for a M&G, $20 for the extra time and gas is requested.
- Occasionally a second Meet & Greet is requested at a rate of $20.
- If you would like me to take your dog for off-site outings to walk, the use of a car is encouraged. If requested to use my car, an auto cleaning charge of $30 applies.